- 23rd State of Union of India on February 20, 1987.
- Situated in the north east corner with the international boundary of – Myanmar in the East and South and Bangladesh in the West. Whereas, it is bounded by Assam in the North, Manipur in the North-East and Tripura in the North-West.
- The state spreads over an area of 21,087 sq.km.
- It has the population of 10,91,014 according to the 2011 census.
- The density of population is 52/sq.km.
- The per capita income of the states stands around Rs. 1,03,049/- (2014-15).
- Temperature of the state – 11 º C-21 º C in Winter, 20 º C-29 º C in Summer.
- Literacy rate is 91.58% and is third in India behind Kerela and Lakhshadweep.
Department Updates Title