Mizoram State Load Despatch Centre is headed by the Superintending Engineer, Mizoram SLDC Circle, under the direct control of Engineer-in-Chief, Power & Electricity Department. There is 1(one) post of Executive Engineer and 1(one) post of Assistant Engineer under the establishment of Mizoram SLDC Circle Office. A separate establishment of Mizoram SLDC Division headed by Executive Engineer with 2(two) posts of Assistant Engineers is functioning under the control of Superintending Engineer, Mizoram SLDC Circle.
Overview of Mizoram SLDC
- With the implementation of ULDC (Communication Scheme) since 2001, SLDC activities started with – 1 Remote Console Computer, 1 Desktop Computer, 1 Telephone and 1 Fax Machine.
- Restricted maximum load during December 2004 was 48.81 MW.
- SLDC Division started functioning since July 2006.
- NERPC first deliberated setting up of SLDC in NER in the meeting on 15.11.2011. PGCIL implemented the scheme and the tariff determined by CERC payable by each state.
- Mizoram SLDC started functioning on 27.04.2017.
- Maintenance contract is entered with M/s GE T&D India Ltd. for a period of 6 years after warranty period.